Make a change – become a Port Erin Commissioner
Are you passionate about your community?
By serving as a Port Erin Commissioner you can make your
voice heard and influence decisions that will help shape the future of your
Port Erin Commissioners
Port Erin Commissioners is responsible for various functions
including refuse and recycling services, social housing, street lighting,
public toilets, parks and open spaces, playgrounds and other leisure facilities,
public event s within the Port, car parking, the George Herdman Library and the
enforcement of local byelaws. Functions and services are predominantly funded
by the local authority rate which is fixed by the Commissioners.
The Election Process
Local Authority General Elections will take place on
Thursday 22nd April 2021. Port Erin will have 7 vacant seats.
To stand as a local authority member you must appear on the
Register of Electors as of 1st January 2021. To check you are
registered visit gov.im/registertovote or call the Crown and Elections Unit on
The term of office is 4 years.
Nomination forms and information packs will be available in
March 2021 for collection from the Commissioners’ Office.
If you are interested in standing and want to find out more,
· - Attend public Commissioners’ Meetings at 7pm on
the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Commissioners’ Office.
· - Read agendas and minutes available at
· - Speak to an existing Commissioner, contact
details can be found on our website
· - Follow @porterincoms on Facebook, Twitter or
· - Contact Port Erin Commissioners’ Office for more
information on 832298 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Port Erin Commissioners’ Meetings
Elected members are required to attend regular Public, Committee
and other meetings. All Public and Committee meetings taken place once per
month in the evening and typically last no longer than 3 hours.
An attendance allowance can be claimed as follows;
· - Daytime rate - £12.50 per hour (to a maximum of
£50 per session)
· - Evening rate - £7.50 per hour (to a maximum of £30
· - The maximum allowance payable to a member per
annum is £6,000
· - Travel allowance may also be claimed if
Released 23 February 2021